Position Title: Development Associate
Effective Date: December 1, 2023
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: $25/hour 20 hours/week
The Development Associate is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and communication activities. The Development Associate plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, and participates in all fundraising activities including donor relations, marketing and communications, direct mail appeals, special events and database management.
This is a part-time, hybrid position.
If Given A Chance identifies vulnerable, yet resilient, Napa County high school juniors who have faced extraordinary challenges and demonstrated a commitment to continuing their education to better their lives. We help students regain their sense of self-worth, emotional balance, and independent living skills through mentoring, life-skills training, mental health support, and financial assistance. IGAC provides ongoing support as these students navigate the challenges of graduating from high school and obtaining a college degree or completing a technical training program so they can achieve job security, experience increased quality of life, and become a contributing member of their community.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Send appropriate documentation to process credit card and online gifts.
- Maintain foundation, corporate and individual donor files in the Bloomerang database.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Reconcile donates with the Finance team and Treasurer.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Event, Development and other meetings. (Prepare and distribute notices, calendar invites, agendas, minutes, refreshments.)
- Coordinate productions of and mailing of direct mail appeal letters.
Events and Volunteers
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and invitation packages.
- Supervise and train volunteers.
- Manage raffle and auction donations for annual event.
- Process and track all donations to annual event, including wine, sponsorships and fund a need.
- Prepare media materials for distribution.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Assist in the posting of social media and emails.
- Support program staff with meeting set up, materials and refreshments.
- 3 years experience in an administrative capacity or related field (development, marketing, event management)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple assignments with deadlines and volunteers
- Self-starter committed to working collaboratively within a team
- Prior experience with database systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized
- Experience with event and volunteer management (preferred)
- Commitment to the mission of If Given a Chance.
Applicants should send their resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining their fit for the role in a PDF document to Beth@ifgivenachance.org. Please use “Fund Development Associate – Your Name” as the subject line.
If Given a Chance is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.