The AFP Golden Gate Chapter stands in solidarity with our Black community members against racism, acts of violence and discrimination. The time is now to come together to do the difficult work to ensure what “We the People” truly means to all of us.
Our friends at The Compass Point have suggested some excellent resources for involvement and support (see below).
We stand united in our commitment to make a difference today.
Organizations and fundraisers to follow, amplify, and support:
- Anti Police-Terror Project
- Black Earth Farms (working to deliver free food to Black folks that have been arrested, bailed, injured, or traumatized during Oakland uprisings)
- Black Visions Collective
- Campaign Zero
- Critical Resistance
- Go Fund Me for George Floyd’s Family
- I Run With Maud Fundraiser
- In Memory of Tony McDade
- Justice for Breonna Taylor
- People’s Breakfast Oakland
- Showing Up for Racial Justice
Readings and resources:
- 26 Ways to Be In Struggle Beyond the Streets by multiple collaborators
- for George Floyd: fire by adrienne maree brown
- The Pandemic is the Right Time to Defund the Police by Melissa Gira Grant, The New Republic
- Op-Ed: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Don’t understand the protests? What you’re seeing is people pushed to the edge by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles Times
- Pushing Back Against Habits of White Supremacy in a Crisis by Kad Smith, CompassPoint