AFP Golden Gate is the largest chapter in California. With over 400 members, it’s easy to feel pretty small and disconnected. In an effort to help members find “their people” and reduce isolation, we are launching a pilot program, and we hope you’ll come along for the ride. We’re calling these groups Constellations (thanks for the idea, Paul Ocampo!), and they are affinity groups for local fundraisers and consultants.
The Constellations available are as follows:
- Asian-American Fundraisers & Consultants | Convener: Kelley Coe
- Marin County Fundraisers & Consultant | Convener: Liz Warner
- Social Services Fundraisers & Consultants | Convener: Esther Landau
- Emerging Professionals Constellation | Convener: Dena Vongchanh*
- East Bay Constellation | Conveners: Michael Stein and Priyanka Sharma-Sindhar
- Wine Country Constellation | Conveners: Tawni Saiz
- Be started by any member of AFP Golden Gate
- Be centered around any relevant affinity - geography, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexuality, organization type, or sector
- Be discussion groups, book clubs, support groups, networking groups, or places to vent about your job - whatever you collectively decide when the group is formed
Each Constellation will:
- Run for one calendar year, with an option for renewal only if someone steps up to become (or stay) the Convener for the new year
- Decide for itself how often, where, and in what format to meet (in person or virtual)
- Abide by local public health guidelines (around Covid)
- Be free to join
- Be open to all fundraisers and consultants who self-identify with that group - no AFP membership required
- Meet in locations or formats that are accessible to all members of the group
To get started, we need two things from all of you:
- Tell us if you want to join one of these Constellations!
- Email Kelley Coe at email@example.com for the Asian-American Constellation
- Email Liz Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Marin County Constellation
- Email Esther Landau at email@example.com for the Social Services Constellation
- Email Dena Vongchanh at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Emerging Professionals Constellation
- Email email@example.com for the East Bay Constellation
- Email Tawni Saiz at TSaiz@srcharities.org for the Wine Country Constellation
- Take the survey below so we can learn what kind of Constellations are most needed in the chapter. You’ll have a chance in the survey to suggest groups and volunteer to lead one.
Take the Survey
*Note: The Emerging Professionals Constellation is for folks with less than seven years of fundraising experience. We invite young professionals and professionals new to the field who want to join a community to ask questions, share ideas, and form a network. This space will primarily live on Slack, but we also plan to have a virtual or in-person meeting every quarter to put names to faces! For any questions, please reach out to Dena Vongchanh at firstname.lastname@example.org.