The importance of the fundraising profession reflecting the socioeconomic, racial and gender diversity of the Bay Area’s communities — which AFP Golden Gate members serve every day in their organizations — cannot be overstated.
AFP Golden Gate has a scholarship fund to promote membership within these groups: fundraising leaders of color, fundraisers working in smaller nonprofits ($5M and below), and young professional fundraisers (up to age 30). Scholarships are intended to help defray the cost of AFP's annual membership fees and range from $95-$280.
To be considered, complete the Membership Scholarship Form here. We will review new applications in mid-2023.
- Complete all demographic and organizational information
- Articulate the desire for the scholarship and what you hope to get out of your membership, including the programs you are most interested in attending
- Express any interest in joining a chapter committee and/or volunteering
- Identify at least one AFP Golden Gate program you'd like to attend
- Participate in a post-scholarship survey
*Please note that consultants are not eligible for Chapter scholarships.
The Chamberlain Scholarship
The Chamberlain Scholarship is awarded to allow a member who has not yet attended an AFP International Conference to do so. AFP Global covers the Chamberlain Scholar’s conference registration fees, and AFP Golden Gate reimburses lodging and airfare costs. The Chamberlain Scholarship application process is typically announced in late summer, with an application deadline by mid-October. The chapter Membership Committee selects the recipient. The conference is typically held in March or April.
Questions about a scholarship? Contact us.