Development and Membership Manager, One Tam
Membership and Donor Cultivation, Stewardship, and Solicitation (60%)
- Design annual strategy, develop revenue goals, and successfully generate revenue for One Tam individual giving and general membership programs in collaboration with the Associate Director of Philanthropy
- Create and implement comprehensive engagement strategy for One Tam individual giving program, including managing annual renewal fund and twice-yearly acquisition and appeal campaigns
- Develop and implement personalized upgrade campaigns for One Tam General membership inviting them to join the One Tam Circle
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Philanthropy, qualify One Tam Circle members for major gift solicitations and special project support
- Manage relationship with external mailhouse consultants for One Tam general membership direct mail and online renewal programs
- Track and report progress towards revenue goals, including preparation of financial and donor reports
- Develop and monitor One Tam development budget in partnership with Senior Director of Philanthropic Giving
- Manage the timely processing of One Tam gifts and acknowledgments, including personalization of acknowledgments for One Tam Circle donors ($1000+)
- Ensure accuracy of One Tam annual report donor list and engage appropriate staff in review
- Oversee accuracy of and manage One Tam donor and gift information in donor database, including overseeing Development Database Associate’s One Tam responsibilities
- Maintain and update procedures for management of One Tam gifts
Committee Management (25%)
- Provide strategic direction for the One Tam committee
- Oversee all aspects of program with the goal of increasing committed fundraising volunteers from 10 to 15-20 volunteers
- Provide support, resources and training for members to become effective advocates and fundraisers
- Develop orientation and onboarding materials for new committee members
- Plan quarterly meetings, including developing agendas and facilitating meetings
- Provide reports on individual giving fundraising efforts to committee, including monthly gift report
One Tam Donor and Member Events (15%)
- Working closely with Events Director and One Tam program staff, develop and deliver calendar of One Tam donor and member events, including conceptualizing and executing a stewardship event for One Tam Circle members and major donors
- Communicate with supporters, volunteers and the public by responding to phone and email inquiries.
- Contribute to the creation of quarterly-newsletters and
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications colleagues to ensure that One Tam events are visible through social media and online channels
- Oversee internal calendar of One Tam fundraising events in coordination with Development and One Tam program staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years in a nonprofit development role preferred
- Ability to effectively lead, inspire and communicate with diverse audiences.
- Experience with public speaking, leading meetings and hosting events required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general database applications (Raisers Edge or Luminate Online preferred)
- Strong organizational and group management skills. Ability to simultaneously meet multiple deadlines for various projects.
- Superior interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and engage donors and build long-term relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable, takes initiative, and manages multiple tasks and projects with great attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills to contribute to a positive and dynamic team culture.
- Strong ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a diverse range of people, on complex projects and programs.
- Experience with and/or demonstrated commitment to the values and practice of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
***Salary/Benefits: $75,000 to $79,000, Grade 16. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision plans; up to 3 weeks of vacation time plus holidays, personal, and sick days; Employee Assistance Program; retirement plan; employer-matched Commuter Program; employee discounts and more***
San Francisco, CA 94109