CAMPAIGN AND EVENTS MANAGER
Responsibilities and Areas of Impact:
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF CAPACITY BUILDING CAMPAIGN
- Provide project management of the Campaign, ensuring meetings are scheduled with relevant staff and board members, agendas and briefs are prepared in advance and that all stakeholders have the resources they need to successfully solicit Campaign gifts.
- Grow and manage a Campaign Committee to provide thought partnership and leadership on the Campaign, setting meetings, agendas and follow-through on directives.
- Create Campaign related prospect lists, materials and track Campaign progress in Salesforce and dashboards as-needed to keep staff and leadership informed of progress.
- Actively participate in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of Campaign donors.
- Develop a thoughtful stewardship and recognition plan for Campaign donors to keep them informed and apprised of agency progress toward goals and engaged beyond Campaign fundraising years.
- Manage existing partnership with the campaign consultant firm, ensuring their expertise and guidance is fully leveraged into tangible action and results.
- Create, update and improve written documents and materials to drive the major gifts program and facilitate solicitations including: donor decks and presentations, written updates, website copy and other documents as needed. Develop personalized materials that align with donor goals and objectives, working with the program team to access information and develop cases for support.
EVENT PLANNING AND FACILITATION
- Works in coordination with the development team and leadership to plan and execute small and medium-sized events to cultivate, ask, and steward donors and prospects, including campaign kick-off and wrap-up events.
- Works with board, leadership and other stakeholders to secure venues and in-kind contributions for events.
- Supports the production of event materials and public relations, working collaboratively with marketing and contractors as needed.
- Supports the goals of large scale events, including the annual Spring Gala: identifying individual table hosts, philanthropic guests, and recognizing and thanking supporters.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT OF INDIVIDUAL SUPPORTERS AND PROSPECTS
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects with focus on securing annual gifts in the $5,000+ range with an emphasis on face-to-face cultivation and solicitation.
- Meet monthly and annual KPIs for major gifts including number of donor touchpoints (calls, emails, reports), number of face-to-face meetings, solicitations, and new prospects identified.
- Create and execute tailored stewardship plans for donors and prospects in the portfolio, using moves management best practices to strengthen relationships, retain donors, and increase support over time.
- Strategically generate, create and analyze fundraising data and reports to drive donor engagement and solicitation.
- Support development and execution of the agency’s Planned Giving Strategy.
- Proactively identify new prospects to add to the portfolio, executing data-driven prospect research and thorough briefs and meeting agendas.
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the fundraising, marketing, program and partnerships staff and teams and agency leadership to increase revenue and resources for organizational priorities, including other duties as assigned.
- Nurture justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) practices with donors, youth, families, volunteers, and staff.
- Act as an internal champion for data-driven fundraising, using Salesforce database to log all activity and move prospects and donors through the pipeline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including an ability to communicate effectively and respectfully on the phone, in-person, via email and text, and as a speaker to the public.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Strong project management skills
- Strong technical skills and with ability to work proficiently across multiple applications, and software
- Value Diversity – Able to seek out and work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, backgrounds, and/or styles; contribute to a team climate in which differences are valued and supported
- Ability to spend up to 40% of time traveling throughout the greater Bay Area to meet with donors, plan and attend events
- Must have valid Drivers License and reliable transportation
- A proven track record of making successful solicitations of individual donors and a proven appetite for an external role
- Experience planning and executing successful events
- Comfort and experience soliciting 5-figure or above gifts
- Experience with 7-figure fundraising campaigns strongly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or similar donor CRMS
- Prospect research and qualification experience
LOCATION: BAY AREA, CA.
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Number of People Supervised: 0
Salary: $75,000-100,000 Depending on Experience
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Technology Stipend
- Hybrid workplace with flexible working
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays Per Year
YEARS OF RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the nonprofit or comparable sector and a minimum of 3 years specifically in nonprofit fundraising/development/communications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you would be a terrific addition to our team. Please include Campaign and Events Manager in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered***
Oakland CA 94602