Annual Giving Manager
The Annual Giving Manager develops, implements and manages the execution of a high quality
relationship-building, fully integrated, multi-channel Annual Giving program, including but not
limited to: strategic identification, qualification, cultivation and stewardship activities for
annual donors and our $1k plus gift circle; solicitation of those donors via in person, direct
mail, email and online; manages external vendors and internal staff who support the
fundraising process throughout the year; produces innovative solicitation and stewardship
events; strategic management of list segmentation using Raiser’s Edge and ensures high quality
record keeping; produces annual giving appeal analysis and reports; operates with a data-driven approach to create and adjust tactics; and generally establishes creative ways to engage
● Develop and execute a three-year annual giving plan and create a yearly calendar of
● Set annual goals/revenue projections; develop annual fund budget with other
● Prepare all direct mail, email and online solicitations—write solicitations; work with
graphic designers, printers to produce and distribute materials.
● Cultivate and solicit donors for larger annual gifts and develop specific strategies for
renewing and upgrading each donor segment.
● Be self-motivated to connect on-going with personal/written/phone contact for all
donors/potential donors and create systems for donor recognition and stewardship.
● Manage the Sure Heart Sangha—Spirit Rock’s $1k plus giving circle, including solicitation
of donors by mail and in person alongside the annual giving calendar, collaborate with
teacher champions to deliver first-class stewardship, participate in occasional
stewardship and cultivation events.
● Uphold and ensure high standards donor database management for annual giving.
Ensure accuracy of the database and that it’s used to full capacity and as a moves
● Manage special events as needed, which will occasionally include working after hours
and on weekends.
● Analyze database statistics and prepare specific financial projections for the annual
fundraising budget and monthly reporting; track and analyze segment financial results
and make changes if necessary to improve financial returns.
● Develop specific strategies for identifying and soliciting new prospects, and be self-
motivated to steward and cultivate all donors.
● Stay abreast of and research best practices in annual fundraising through active learning
online and printed sources.
● Adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate empathetic disposition, and
perseverance, reflect an optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs
of the donors.
● Manage the selection, hiring and oversight of other vendors as needed.
● Handle special projects/requests as they arise to include: special campaigns, requests to
volunteer, providing logistics related to special gifts, and gifts-in-kind.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
● 3-5 years’ development experience, annual giving experience preferred.
● Knowledge of annual giving development principles and practices.
● Experience tracking, reconciling, and analyzing results.
● Committed to a donor-centric and relationship-building approach to fundraising.
● Fundraising database proficiency required; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, very outgoing and friendly.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to take responsibility for and follow
through on projects assigned in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
● Strong computer skills and experience, including MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Raisers Edge (fundraising software/database).
● Ability to maintain a professional attitude in stressful times and safeguard confidential
● Commitment to the mission and values of Spirit Rock.
Spirit Rock Meditation Center participates in the E-Verify program, a web-based system
through which employers electronically confirm employment eligibility.
$79,500 - $84,000