Consider serving on the board of AFP Golden Gate! The non-profit sector and field of philanthropy are changing and evolving at a record pace. This is a special opportunity to work with committed colleagues in the non-profit sector and to play a key role in advancing our chapter’s strategies for leadership, learning, and impact, where values of inclusion and a commitment to ethics are paramount.
In each nomination cycle, the Committee on Directorship seeks to balance the skills and experiences of new directors with those of continuing board members. You are warmly invited to apply yourself or nominate other candidates for the board.
Criteria for Consideration
The following criteria inform the consideration of candidates by the AFP Golden Gate Chapter Committee on Directorship:
- The candidate is a member in good standing of AFP Golden Gate Chapter.
- We strive for diversity, including geographic, ethnic, cultural, gender, size and type of organization, philanthropic sector, length of AFP membership, experience in the profession.
- Understanding of the Board Members Responsibilities.
- Completed Online Application for Board Nominees providing information about your or the candidate’s interest in serving on the AFP Golden Gate Board.
Steps to Apply or Nominate a Candidate
- Complete the Online Application for Board Nominees, whether you are applying yourself or nominating another.
- Submitted forms will be automatically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping to identify qualified and interested candidates for our chapter’s board. We deeply appreciate your responses.