Development Communications Manager
Location: Downtown Oakland
Reports to: Director of Development
Dynamics: We are an office-based organization with a hybrid work option.
Compensation: $65,000-$95,000, depending on experience. Benefits include generous employer-paid health, dental, and vision; retirement program; life insurance; and PTO
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English or related field and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in development and communications or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Excellent copy-editing skills to ensure accurate, grammatically correct public-facing communications
- Experience managing projects that include providing art direction and graphic design
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize information and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of customer service orientation
Skills & Experience
- Experience with donor CRM database management; Salesforce preferred.
- Skilled command of MS Office Suite, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Experience with web publishing platforms (e.g., WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and management/design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Canva
- Experience with simple photo editing and image design, video editing, and HTML coding capability
Please visit the link below to complete the web form and attach your cover letter and resume where indicated. Please read the instructions carefully. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Application link: https://fs10.formsite.com/cafb2/eg6fhdtbbr/index
It is the policy of the California Association of Food Banks to fill every position without regard to race, color, religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance, or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, registered domestic partner status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record of a history of cancer), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetic information, equal pay/compensation, veteran status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers.